Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mac…



No, this is not a mini version of hamburger and it is nothing like it. These little dainty morsels are called Macaron…This thing is such an old creation, there is museum dedicated just to macaron! Due to the influence of Pierre Herme( and other pastry chefs but I think he is the most responsible for it), macaron is the latest craze in the pastry haute couture worldwide and they are also being used in place of wedding cakes. According to a lot of chefs, foodie and anyone who have already attempted to make this little sugar meringue with almond, knows that they the most temperamental f@#%ing thing, I couldn’t agree more!Even more so in a humid country such as mine! Even though these two turned out alright, 2 batches that I made today were not up my standards. They all turn out shiny, with feet, etc, etc just didn’t rise evenly on all sides. Handling the oven seems to be the issue; I guess I shouldn’t play around with it too much. If it works don’t fix it. So unlike me though! The other batch was not piped round enough.  While making macarons, mistakes can happen in any of the processing stage, even from the raw ingredients. Sigh… this is becoming more of a complaint session again…

Anyway here are the ones that turn out alright:






Fromboisier
  • Vanilla butter cream
  • Raspberry confit




Opera
  • Coffee butter cream
  • Dark Chocolate truffle ganache









Before and after baking pics...




Dynamic Duo... hehehe


Incase you are wandering why is there 3 postings in one day, my internet was not working for quite a while so here is my chance. Thanks always for dropping by and if you are interested to try these, just let me know  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment